The previous section described attacks that an attacker can perform to compromise web server’s security. 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack this section explains exactly how the attacker moves forward in performing a successful attack on an internet server. an internet server attack typically involves pre planned activities called an attack methodology that art attacker follows to succeed in the goal of breaching the target web server’s security.
Attackers hack an internet server in multiple stages. At each stage, the attacker tries to collect more information about the loopholes and tries to gain unauthorized access to the web server.
Related Product : Certified Ethical Hacker | CEH Certification
Following are the stages of web server’s attack methodology:
1. Information Gathering
Every attacker tries to gather as much information as possible about the target web server. The attacker gathers the information then analyzes the information so as to seek out lapses within the current security mechanism of the online server.
2. Web Server Footprinting
The purpose of footprinting is to collect more information about security aspects of an internet server with the help of tools or footprinting techniques. the most purpose is to understand about the online server’s remote access capabilities, its ports and services, and other aspects of its security.
3. Website Mirroring
Website mirroring may be a method of copying a website and its content onto another server for offline browsing. With a mirrored website, an attacker can view the detailed structure of the web site .
4. Vulnerability Scanning
Vulnerability scanning may be a method to seek out vulnerabilities and misconfiguration of an internet server. Attackers scan for vulnerabilities with the helpof automated toots referred to as vulnerability scanners.
6. Session Hijacking
Attackers can perform session hijacking after identifying the present session of the client. The attacker takes over complete control of the user session by means of session hijacking.
7. Web Server Passwords Hacking
Attackers use password-cracking methods like brute force attacks, hybrid attacks, dictionary attacks, and so on, to crack web server’s password.
Also Read : Web Server Attack Tools
Questions related to this topic
- How does an attacker exploit Web application vulnerabilities?
- What are Web vulnerabilities?
- What are the 4 main types of vulnerability?
- What is the top vulnerability of Internet facing applications leading to data breaches?
- Explain 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack?
Learn CEH & Think like hacker
- What is Ethical Hacking? & Types of Hacking
- 5 Phases of Hacking
- 8 Most Common Types of Hacker Motivations
- What are different types of attacks on a system
- Scope and Limitations of Ethical Hacking
- TEN Different Types Of Hackers
- What is the Foot-printing?
- Top 12 steps for Foot printing Penetration Testing
- Different types of tools with Email Foot printing
- What is “Anonymizer” & Types of Anonymizers
- Top DNS Interrogation Tools
- What is SNMP Enumeration?
- Top vulnerability scanning tools
- Information Security of Threat
- Foot printing tools:
- What is Enumeration?
- Network Security Controls
- What is Identity and Access Management?
- OWASP high TEN web application security risks
- Password Attacks
- Defend Against Key loggers
- Defend Against Spyware
- Covering Tracks
- Covering Track on Networks
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 1
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 2
- Learn more about GPS Spyware & Apparatuses
- Introduction of USB Spyware and It’s types
- 10 Types of Identity Theft You Should Know About
- Concepts of Denial-of-Service Attack & Distributed Denial of Service Attack
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Impersonation on Social Networking Site’s Problem
- How Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Works
- DHCP Request/Reply Messages
- DHCP Starvation Attack
- Rogue DHCP Server Attack
- IOS Switch Commands
- Web Server Concept
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Server Attack Tools
- Web Server Security Tools
- 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack
- Learn Skills From Web Server Foot Printing / Banner Grapping
- The 10 Secrets You Will Never Know About Cyber Security And Its Important?
- Ways To Learn Finding Default Content Of Web Server Effectively
- How will Social Engineering be in the Future
- Understand The Background Of Top 9 Challenges IT Leaders Will Face In 2020 Now
- Learning Good Ways To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
- Anti-phishing Tools Guide
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com