An organization is performing a vulnerability assessment for mitigating threats. James, a pen tester, scanned the organization by building an inventory of the protocols founds on the organization’s machines to detect which ports are attached to services such as an email server, a web server, or a database server. After identifying the services, he selected the vulnerabilities on each machine and started executing only the relevent tests. What is the type of vulnerability assessment solution that James employed in the above scenario?
Option 1 : Service-based-solutions
Option 2 : Product-based solutions
Option 3 : Inference-based assessment
Option 4 : Tree-based assessment
Cybersecurity services providers offer a variety of solutions associated with the protection of computer systems within a corporation . Also referred to as computer security or IT security, cybersecurity may be a constantly evolving industry created in response to hacking, viruses, and therefore the various other threats to non-public and professional data. Cybersecurity providers offer expertise along the three stages of business cybersecurity: assessment, protection, and remediation. Businesses are encouraged to supplement external cybersecurity solutions with IT security software, and variety of services providers offer cybersecurity tools additionally to services. additionally to cybersecurity, there are a spread of IT outsourcing services which will address your company’s information technology needs.
2. Product-based solutions
In flow Technologies, we understand business data and therefore the technologies that manage, store and move that information for you and your clients. And along side it, the threats to your data and business systems, which will cost thousands, even millions, of dollars. Though each company has the first responsibility of its Cybersecurity exposure – the extent of extending access, firewall workarounds for vendors, external and internal reaches, the frantic pace at which information ecosystems are evolving are often a challenge for even the leaders within the business domains.
Partnered with the simplest within the world in terms of securing data across multiple levels and scalable protocols, our Cyber Security products product range include A10 Networks, BeyondTrust, lampblack , CrowdStrike, Cisco, Checkmarx, Cyber Ark, Cyware, Entrust, Fire Eye, Forcepoint, Forescout, Ilantus, Kaspersky, Microfocus, McAfee, Netscout, Netskope, OneLogin, PaloAlto, RSA, Sandvine, SecPod, Skybox, Sonicwall, Tenable, Thales among others to make sure your information is secured effectively, efficiently and cost-effectively.
3. Inference-based assessment
As systems approaches to the event of biological models become more mature, attention is increasingly that specialize in the matter of inferring parameter values within those models from experimental data. However, particularly for nonlinear models, it’s not obvious, either from inspection of the model or from the experimental data, that the inverse problem of parameter fitting will have a singular solution, or maybe a non-unique solution that constrains the parameters to lie within a plausible physiological range. Where parameters can’t be constrained they’re termed ‘unidentifiable’. We specialise in gaining insight into the causes of unidentifiability using inference-based methods, and compare a recently developed measure-theoretic approach to inverse sensitivity analysis to the favored Markov chain Monte Carlo and approximate Bayesian computation techniques for Bayesian inference. All three approaches map the uncertainty in quantities of interest within the output space to the probability of sets of parameters within the input space. The geometry of those sets demonstrates how unidentifiability are often caused by parameter compensation and provides an intuitive approach to inference-based experimental design.
4. Tree-based assessment
With the enhancement of informatization and automation, the capacity and efficiency of CBTC systems are increasing. However, the wide application of data technologies brings serious security threats on CBTC systems. thanks to inherent characteristics of railway services, obtaining the safety situation of CBTC systems is important . The methodlogy during this paper to guage the vulnerability of systems adopts attack tree modelling supported the functional architecture of CBTC systems. Assessments cover the present security states, port auditing, password policies and communication protocols of systems with the benefits of simplicity and operability. supported the attack tree, leaf vulnerability, scenario vulnerability and system vulnerability are defined. During this assessment process, a typical scan tool, Nessus, and a vulnerability rating system , CVSS, are wont to achieve the port auditing. Moreover, a way to calculate the password strength and a piecewise linear function to normalize password strength are proposed. within the end, this approach is applied to a CBTC test-bed, and therefore the assessment results show the difference of the vulnerability between the system with or without the improved countermeasures.
Learn CEH & Think like hacker
- What is Ethical Hacking? & Types of Hacking
- 5 Phases of Hacking
- 8 Most Common Types of Hacker Motivations
- What are different types of attacks on a system
- Scope and Limitations of Ethical Hacking
- TEN Different Types Of Hackers
- What is the Foot-printing?
- Top 12 steps for Footprinting Penetration Testing
- Different types of tools with Email Footprinting
- What is “Anonymizer” & Types of Anonymizers
- Top DNS Interrogation Tools
- What is SNMP Enumeration?
- Top vulnerability scanning tools
- Information Security of Threat
- Footprinting tools:
- What is Enumeration?
- Network Security Controls
- What is Identity and Access Management?
- OWASP high TEN web application security risks
- Password Attacks
- Defend Against Key loggers
- Defend Against Spyware
- Covering Tracks
- Covering Track on Networks
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 1
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 2
- Learn more about GPS Spyware & Apparatuses
- Introduction of USB Spyware and It’s types
- 10 Types of Identity Theft You Should Know About
- Concepts of Denial-of-Service Attack & Distributed Denial of Service Attack
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Impersonation on the Social Networking Site’s Problem
- How Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Works
- DHCP Request/Reply Messages
- DHCP Starvation Attack
- Rogue DHCP Server Attack
- IOS Switch Commands
- Web Server Concept
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Server Attack Tools
- Web Server Security Tools
- 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack
- Learn Skills From Web Server Foot Printing / Banner Grabbing
- The 10 Secrets You Will Never Know About Cyber Security And Its Important?
- Ways To Learn Finding Default Content Of Web Server Effectively
- How will Social Engineering be in the Future
- Understand The Background Of Top 9 Challenges IT Leaders Will Face In 2020 Now
- Learning Good Ways To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
- Anti-phishing Tools Guide
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com