Threat actors or malicious actor is outlined as an entity that’s utterly or partly liable for an incident that may influence the safety of an organization’s network. in contrast to hacker or attacker, it’s not necessary for the Threat actor to possess technical skills. Threat actors can be an individual or a company, having an intention to hold out an event which will have a malicious or benign result on the security of an organization’s infrastructure or systems.
Discussed below area unit differing types of threat actors:
Hacktivism is an attack wherever hackers break into forced an entry burgled entered forced the lock} government or company pc systems as an act of protest. Hacktivists use hacking to extend awareness of their social or political agendas, also as themselves, in each the web and offline arenas.
They are people United Nations agency promote a political agenda by hacking, particularly by defacing a disabling websites. Common hacktivist targets embody government agencies, international firms, or the other emits that they understand as a threat. It remains a truth, however, that gaining unauthorized access could be a crime, no matter their intentions.
• Cyber Terrorists
cyber terrorists square measure people with a good vary of skills, intended by non-secular or affairs of state tolerate concern of large-scale disruption of pc networks.
• Suicide Hackers
Suicide hackers area unit people who aim to bring down the crucial infrastructure for a “cause” and don’t seem to be upset concerning facing jail terms or the other reasonably penalty. Suicide hackers square measure like suicide bombers, who sacrifice their lives for an attack and are therefore not involved with the implications of the in actions.
• State-Sponsored Hackers
State-sponsored hackers square measure people utilized by the govt to penetrate and gain classified info and to break info systems of alternative governments.
• Organized Hackers
Organized hackers square measure skilled hackers having the aim of assault a system for profits. They hack to get confidential information like Social Security numbers, personal recognizable info (Pll) of Associate in Nursing worker, health records, and monetary info Nineveh as bank records, and MasterCard info.
Also Read:- Identify Intelligence needs and requirements
• Script Kiddies
Script kiddies area unit unskilled hackers who compromise systems by running scripts, tools, and software package developed by real hackers. they sometimes target the number of attacks instead of the standard of the attacks that they initiate.
• Industrial Spies
Industrial spies are people who attempt to attack the businesses for industrial functions. Business competitors typically rent hackers or people who are typically known as industrial spies, United Nations agency attack the target organization to steal direction like business strategy, money records, and employees’ data.
• Insider Threat
Insider threat refers to a threat that originates from people within the organization it’s usually administrated by a privileged user, discontent worker, terminated worker, inclined worker, third party, or under-trained workers. the most objective of such attacks is either to require revenge on a corporation by damaging its name or gain monetary edges.
Related Product:- Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst | CTIA
Motives, Goals, and Objectives of Cyber Security Attacks
Attackers usually have motives (goals) and objectives behind cybersecurity attacks. A motive originates out of the notion that a target system stores or processes one thing valuable that ends up in the threat of an attack on the system. the aim of the attack could also be to disrupt the target organization’s business operations, to steal valuable data for the sake of curiosity, or perhaps to actual revenge. Therefore, these motives or goals rely upon the attacker’s state of mind, his/her reason for closing such an activity, and his/her resources and capabilities. Once the wrongdoer determines his/her goal, he/she will use varied tools, attack techniques, and ways to use vulnerabilities in a very computer system or security policy and controls.
Attacks = Motive (Goal) + technique + Vulnerability Motives behind data security attacks:
• Disrupting business continuity
• Performing info theft
• Manipulating knowledge
• Creating concern and chaos by disrupting vital infrastructure s
• Bringing loss to the target
• Propagating non-secular or politics
• Achieving state’s military objectives
• Damaging name of the target
• Taking revenge
• Demanding ransom
Threat actors can be internal or external to the organization being targeted, and they may or may not possess the technical skillsets needed to infiltrate and compromise networks and corporate data.
Infosavvy CTIA Training and Certification you will learn clear understanding of threat actor. An Accreditation by EC-Council.
Questions related to this topic
- What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
- What is the main goal of an APT attack?
- Why is cyber-attack dangerous?
- What is the goal of cyber terrorism?
Get More Knowledge by CTIA
- What is Incident Management?
- What Is Threat Assessment?
- What Do Organizations and Analysts Expect?
- Threat Intelligence Capabilities
- Benefits of Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Capabilities to Look for in Threat Intelligence Solution
- Characteristics of Threat Intelligence
- Definition of Intelligence and Its Essential Terminology
- Advanced Persistent Threat Life-cycle
- Top Categories Indicators of Compromise
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Requirements
- Intelligence-Led Security Testing
- Generation of Threat Intelligence
- Adversary activity Identification
- Cyber Threat Actors
- Ideal Target State of Map
- Types of Threat Intelligence
- Threat Intelligence Lifecycle
- What is Threat Intelligence, Information & Data ?
- Frameworks of Threat Intelligence
- Avoid Common Threat Intelligence Pitfalls
- Priority Intelligence needs
- Identify Intelligence needs and requirements
- Sharing Intelligence with a spread of Organizations
- Distribute Threat Intelligence Overview
This Blog Article Posted By
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com