Email Foot printing
Different types of tools with Email Foot printing, So far we have discussed foot printing through search engines. foot printing using Google, foot printing through social networking sites, and website foot printing. Now we will discuss email foot printing. This section describes how to track email communications, how to collect information from email headers, and email tracking tools.
Related product:- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler | ECIH v2
Tracking Email Communications
Email tracking monitors the emails of a particular user. This kind of tracking is possible through digitally time stamped records that reveal the time and date when the target receives and opens a specific email. Email tracking tools allows an attacker to collect information such as IP addresses, mail servers, and service provider involved in sending the mail. Attackers can use this information to build a hacking strategy and to perform social engineering and other attacks. Examples of email tracking tools include ervlailTrackerPro, Yesware, Contactrvlonkey and so on.
Information gathered about the victim using email tracking tools:
Recipient’s system IP address: Allows to track the recipients IP address
Geo location: Estimates and displays the location of the recipient on the map and may even calculate the distance from the attacker’s location
Email received and Read: Notifies when the email is received and read by the recipient
Read duration: The duration of time spent by the recipient on reading the mail sent by the sender
Proxy detection: Provides information about the type of server used by the recipient
Links: Checks whether the links sent to the recipient through email have been checked
Operating system and Browser information: Reveals information about the operating system and the browser used by the recipient. The attacker can use this information to find loopholes in that version of operating system and browser, in order to launch further attacks
Forward Email: Determines whether the email sent to the user is forwarded to another person
Device Type: Provides information about the type of device used to open and read the email e.g., desktop computer, mobile device, or laptop.Email is one of our main forms of communication in the business world. Learn why email addresses and company directories are coveted target for a hacker. Lisa Bock reviews why it is important to limit your exposure of your company email lists because of Spearfishing, spoofing and identity theft risks.
Secure email by streak
Secure Gmail encrypts and crypts emails you send in Gmail. This happens all on your machine, and the encrypted text never reaches Google servers. This is useful if you don’t want anyone but the intended recipient to ever read your email (i.e. companies, governments, etc.)
How secure is it?
Secure Gmail uses symmetric encryption to encrypt and decry-pt each message. The password is decided by the user and assumes the recipient already knows it. Secure Gmail is only as good as your password, pick an easy to guess password and it will be easy to break. Shared knowledge can be a useful and convenient password. Remember to never email or IM your password for others to intercept.
– Secure Gmail – send encrypted email.
– Enter “Secure” compose mode. Entering secure mode is easy, its right next to the compose button.
-Easy Security. Encrypting your messages are simple, you just need to enter a password that your recipient will know.
Email Tracking Tools
Email tracking tools allow an attacker to track an email and extract information such as sender identity, mail server, sender’s IP address, location and so on. These tools send notifications automatically when the recipients open the mail and gives status information about whether the email was successfully delivered or not. Attackers use the extracted information to attack the target organization’s systems by sending malicious emails.
The following are a few of the most widely used email tracking tools:
• PoliteMail(http://www. polite mail. corn)
• Yesware(http://mm.yesware. corn)
• Read Notify (http://vvviIAA recrdnotify.corn)
• DidTheyReadlt(http://www.didtheyreadit. corn)
• WhoReadN1 e (http://whoreadme.com)
Questions related to this topic
- How do I find the IP address of an email sender in Gmail?
- Can you trace a Gmail account?
- How can you find an IP address from an email?
- what are the Different types of tools with Email Foot printing?
Learn CEH & Think like hacker
- What is Ethical Hacking? & Types of Hacking
- 5 Phases of Hacking
- 8 Most Common Types of Hacker Motivations
- What are different types of attacks on a system
- Scope and Limitations of Ethical Hacking
- TEN Different Types Of Hackers
- What is the Foot-printing?
- Top 12 steps for Foot printing Penetration Testing
- Different types of tools with Email Foot printing
- What is “Anonymizer” & Types of Anonymizers
- Top DNS Interrogation Tools
- What is SNMP Enumeration?
- Top vulnerability scanning tools
- Information Security of Threat
- Foot printing tools:
- What is Enumeration?
- Network Security Controls
- What is Identity and Access Management?
- OWASP high TEN web application security risks
- Password Attacks
- Defend Against Key loggers
- Defend Against Spyware
- Covering Tracks
- Covering Track on Networks
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 1
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 2
- Learn more about GPS Spyware & Apparatuses
- Introduction of USB Spyware and It’s types
- 10 Types of Identity Theft You Should Know About
- Concepts of Denial-of-Service Attack & Distributed Denial of Service Attack
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Impersonation on Social Networking Site’s Problem
- How Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Works
- DHCP Request/Reply Messages
- DHCP Starvation Attack
- Rogue DHCP Server Attack
- IOS Switch Commands
- Web Server Concept
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Server Attack Tools
- Web Server Security Tools
- 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack
- Learn Skills From Web Server Foot Printing / Banner Grapping
- The 10 Secrets You Will Never Know About Cyber Security And Its Important?
- Ways To Learn Finding Default Content Of Web Server Effectively
- How will Social Engineering be in the Future
- Understand The Background Of Top 9 Challenges IT Leaders Will Face In 2020 Now
- Learning Good Ways To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
- Anti-phishing Tools Guide
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com