Organizations & Analysts
Threat Intelligence Organizations and Analysts Expect goes beyond just collecting and analyzing data about threats. The primary purpose of threat intelligence is to acquire more awareness about threats and enhance security to protect the organizations from various cyber attacks. Both organizations and an analyst have an important role in extracting threat intelligence.
It is important for any organization to take a timely and accurate intelligence to ensure that it is prepared in case of any data breach. Moreover, the security teams can build a hypothetical testing situation based on real-time scenario to check all the incident response plans. Proper training should be provided to the intelligence analysts on how to detect indicators and give warnings regarding the threat. It is also important to use sophisticated tools, techniques, and procedures to develop stand-alone security solutions.
Many cyber attacks are performed by exploiting technology for malicious intent. Attackers exploit the vulnerabilities in the technology to develop malware that infects various critical assets of the organization and steals confidential data. Hence, it is important for the organizations and analysts to identify the motive behind this human behavior that affects the security of the organization.
Organizations and analysts utilize the threat intelligence to answer the following questions:
- Who is the possible adversary?
- What are the common behavioral characteristics?
- What is the motive behind the exploitation?
- What are the adversary’s TTPs?
- Who are the possible threat actors, and are they dramatically changing the TTPs? Why?
Related Product :- Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst | CTIA
Common Information Security Organization Structure
The actuality of cyber security is that there are many weaknesses exist in every information system and operational process and that can be exploited. Attackers find various ways to intrude into these systems. From an organization’s point of view, there are many parameters that need to be checked and they do not have enough time to check them all. Organizations that understand the motive of the adversaries can prepare their defense strategy accordingly. Without that knowledge, they cannot protect their IT assets from targeted attacks or even determine their true level of risk.
Cyber threat intelligence plays a major role in Common Information Security Organization (CISO) structure. It helps organizations convert quality threat data feeds into intelligence, which guides them in developing security programs that efficiently identify and respond to various cyber attacks based on their profile. Threat intelligence allows an organization to prevent small intrusions from becoming complete compromises at an early stage within a short period. The conventional security approaches generally respond to incidents after they occur. This strategy is not sufficient for the current threat landscape. A modern approach that converts data into actionable intelligence is needed to predict the threats, adversaries, and their intention in advance so that organizations can build appropriate defensive strategy.
Also Read:-Distribute Threat Intelligence Overview
Possibilities of Cyber Threat Analyst
A CTI analyst plays a major role in the CISO structure of the organization and supports the functions of the SOC like a backbone. The analyst is responsible for identifying, preventing, and protecting the organization from threats emerging from various sources. The analyst collects data from several intelligence feeds, analyzes to identify certain events that may affect the security of an organization, and develops mitigation and defense strategies beforehand.
Listed below are the major responsibilities of CTI analysts:
– Collect up-to-date and accurate data from the dark web, intelligence feeds, intelligence sources, etc.
– Analyze the collected data and understand the technical aspect of security
– Identify business risks and refine the information into intelligence that is disseminated to higher-level business executives
– Identify, monitor, assess, and defend against various attacks performed by both internal and external threat actors
– Stay ahead of the adversary by understanding latest attack TIPs
– Provide organizations with threat intelligence that includes contextual information, loCs, TIPs, consequences, and actionable intelligence about evolving threats
– Understand the motive of the adversaries by analyzing the characteristics and habits of threat actors
– Guide organizations in building effective defense and mitigation strategies
– Collaborate with IT, incident handling, and SOC teams by generating timely threat reports
Questions related to this topic
- What does a cyber threat intelligence analyst do?
- What is threat intelligence in cyber security?,
- What are the threats of intelligence?
- How do you implement cyber threat intelligence?
Get More Knowledge by CTIA
- What is Incident Management?
- What Is Threat Assessment?
- What Do Organizations and Analysts Expect?
- Threat Intelligence Capabilities
- Benefits of Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Capabilities to Look for in Threat Intelligence Solution
- Characteristics of Threat Intelligence
- Definition of Intelligence and Its Essential Terminology
- Advanced Persistent Threat Life-cycle
- Top Categories Indicators of Compromise
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Requirements
- Intelligence-Led Security Testing
- Generation of Threat Intelligence
- Adversary activity Identification
- Cyber Threat Actors
- Ideal Target State of Map
- Types of Threat Intelligence
- Threat Intelligence Lifecycle
- What is Threat Intelligence, Information & Data ?
- Frameworks of Threat Intelligence
- Avoid Common Threat Intelligence Pitfalls
- Priority Intelligence needs
- Identify Intelligence needs and requirements
- Sharing Intelligence with a spread of Organizations
- Distribute Threat Intelligence Overview
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com