You are a penetration tester and are about to perform a scan on a specific server. The agreement that you signed with the client contains the following specific condition for the scan: “The attacker must scan every port on the server several times using a set of spoofed sources IP addresses. ” Suppose that you are using Nmap to perform this scan. What flag will you use to satisfy this requirement?
Option 1 : The -A flag
Option 2 : The -g flag
Option 3 : The -f flag
Option 4 : The -D flag
1. The -A flag
general data, Nmap may offer operating system detection, script scanning, traceroute, and version detection. It’s important to notice that Nmap can do its best to identify things like operating systems and versions, however it may not continually be entirely correct.
nmap -A 192.168.0.1
Add within the -A flag on your Nmap command, you can discover the operating system data of the hosts that are mapped. The -A flag is used in combination with different Nmap commands.
2. The -g flag
flags –source-port and -g are equivalent and instruct nmap to send packets through a selected port. this option is used to try to cheat firewalls whitelisting traffic from specific ports. the following example can scan the target from the port twenty to ports eighty, 22, 21,23 and 25 sending fragmented packets to LinuxHint.
3. The -f flag
The -f (fragment packets) flag is additionally used to try and keep the scan method undetected by fragmenting the packets creating harder for firewalls or IDS to notice the scan. this selection isn’t compatible with all nmap options.
nmap -p 80,ssh,21,23,25 -f linuxhint.com
4. The -D flag
Nmap may be used to create decoys, that are meant to fool firewalls. whereas decoys is used for nefarious functions, it’s usually used to rectify.
nmap -D 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.2,…
When using the -D command, you’ll be able to follow the command with a list of decoy addresses. These decoy addresses also will show as if they’re scanning the network, to obfuscate the scan that’s actually being done.
Similarly, it’s possible to use commands like “–spoof-mac” to spoof an Nmap mac address, similarly as the command “-S” to spoof a source address.
With the right Nmap commands, you’ll be able to quickly resolve data the right ports, routes, and firewalls.
Nmap has many settings and flags for a system administrator to explore. additionally to having the ability to run in a very cloaked mode, initiate decoys, and aggressively and quickly scan for potential vulnerabilities.
Learn CEH & Think like hacker
- What is Ethical Hacking? & Types of Hacking
- 5 Phases of Hacking
- 8 Most Common Types of Hacker Motivations
- What are different types of attacks on a system
- Scope and Limitations of Ethical Hacking
- TEN Different Types Of Hackers
- What is the Foot-printing?
- Top 12 steps for Footprinting Penetration Testing
- Different types of tools with Email Footprinting
- What is “Anonymizer” & Types of Anonymizers
- Top DNS Interrogation Tools
- What is SNMP Enumeration?
- Top vulnerability scanning tools
- Information Security of Threat
- Footprinting tools:
- What is Enumeration?
- Network Security Controls
- What is Identity and Access Management?
- OWASP high TEN web application security risks
- Password Attacks
- Defend Against Key loggers
- Defend Against Spyware
- Covering Tracks
- Covering Track on Networks
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 1
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 2
- Learn more about GPS Spyware & Apparatuses
- Introduction of USB Spyware and It’s types
- 10 Types of Identity Theft You Should Know About
- Concepts of Denial-of-Service Attack & Distributed Denial of Service Attack
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Impersonation on the Social Networking Site’s Problem
- How Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Works
- DHCP Request/Reply Messages
- DHCP Starvation Attack
- Rogue DHCP Server Attack
- IOS Switch Commands
- Web Server Concept
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Server Attack Tools
- Web Server Security Tools
- 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack
- Learn Skills From Web Server Foot Printing / Banner Grabbing
- The 10 Secrets You Will Never Know About Cyber Security And Its Important?
- Ways To Learn Finding Default Content Of Web Server Effectively
- How will Social Engineering be in the Future
- Understand The Background Of Top 9 Challenges IT Leaders Will Face In 2020 Now
- Learning Good Ways To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
- Anti-phishing Tools Guide
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com