Attacker Steve targeted an organization’s with the aim of redirecting the company’s web traffic to another malicious website. To achieve this goal, Steve performed DNS cache poisoning by exploiting vulnerabilities in the DNS server software and modified the original IP address of the target website to that of a fake website.
What is the technique employed by Steve to gather information for identity theft?
Option 1 : Pretexting
Option 2 : Wardriving
Option 3 : kimming
Option 4 : Pharming
Pretexters use a variety of ways to induce your personal data. as an example, a pretexter could decision, claim he’s from a survey firm, and raise you many queries. once the pretexter has the knowledge he needs, he uses it to decision your institution. He pretends to be you or somebody with authorized access to your account. He may claim that he’s forgotten his chequebook and wishes data concerning his account. during this means, the pretexter could also be ready to get personal data concerning you like your SSN, bank and mastercard account numbers, data in your credit report, and also the existence and size of your savings and investment portfolios.
Keep in mind that some data concerning you will be a matter of public record, like whether or not you own a home, pay your assets taxes, or have ever filed for bankruptcy. it’s not pretexting for an additional person to gather this type of knowledge.
Wardriving happens once somebody uses software package and hardware to find unsecure wireless networks and doubtless gain access to them. software package applications are required to work out passwords and decode networks. Hardware includes a mobile device like a wireless portable computer, a GPS system, and a wireless network.
Wardrivers travel around trying to find Wi-Fi signals, plotting the Wi-Fi access purposes on a map — also referred to as access point mapping — and gathering knowledge on those networks. Wardrivers remain the move, typically in vehicles, to search out those Wi-Fi networks on their route. Variations of wardriving embrace warbiking, warcycling, warwalking, warjogging, warrailing, wartraining, and warkitting.
Skimming will occur Associate in Nursingytime a cardholder uses an electronic payment card at a brick-and-mortar location. Fraudsters will get data in numerous ways that, and also the technology that they use is turning into additional subtle and difficult to find.
Skimming permits identity thieves to capture data from a cardholder which will be wont to create fraudulent transactions. Some fraudsters could merely photocopy or take digital photos of knowledge which will be used fraudulently. alternative additional advanced technologies conjointly exist, like skimming devices designed to be used in many various things.
At brick-and-mortar locations, a fraudster will use a little skimming device that enables them to swipe a card and procure data from its magnetic strip. Some skimmers may additionally embrace a touchpad that enables the outlaw to enter a security code.
A pharming attacker tries to send a web site’s traffic to a faux website controlled by the offender, typically for the aim of collection sensitive data from victims or putting in malware on their machines. Attacker tend to specialize in making look-alike ecommerce and digital banking websites to reap credentials and payment card data.
Though they share similar goals, pharming uses a special technique from phishing. “Pharming attacker are targeted on manipulating a system, instead of tricking people into reaching to a dangerous web site,” explains David Emm, principal security man of science at Kaspersky. “When either a phishing or pharming attacker is completed by a criminal, they need a similar driving issue to induce victims onto a corrupt location, however the mechanisms during which this is often undertaken are completely different.”
Learn CEH & Think like hacker
- What is Ethical Hacking? & Types of Hacking
- 5 Phases of Hacking
- 8 Most Common Types of Hacker Motivations
- What are different types of attacks on a system
- Scope and Limitations of Ethical Hacking
- TEN Different Types Of Hackers
- What is the Foot-printing?
- Top 12 steps for Footprinting Penetration Testing
- Different types of tools with Email Footprinting
- What is “Anonymizer” & Types of Anonymizers
- Top DNS Interrogation Tools
- What is SNMP Enumeration?
- Top vulnerability scanning tools
- Information Security of Threat
- Footprinting tools:
- What is Enumeration?
- Network Security Controls
- What is Identity and Access Management?
- OWASP high TEN web application security risks
- Password Attacks
- Defend Against Key loggers
- Defend Against Spyware
- Covering Tracks
- Covering Track on Networks
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 1
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 2
- Learn more about GPS Spyware & Apparatuses
- Introduction of USB Spyware and It’s types
- 10 Types of Identity Theft You Should Know About
- Concepts of Denial-of-Service Attack & Distributed Denial of Service Attack
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Impersonation on the Social Networking Site’s Problem
- How Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Works
- DHCP Request/Reply Messages
- DHCP Starvation Attack
- Rogue DHCP Server Attack
- IOS Switch Commands
- Web Server Concept
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Server Attack Tools
- Web Server Security Tools
- 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack
- Learn Skills From Web Server Foot Printing / Banner Grabbing
- The 10 Secrets You Will Never Know About Cyber Security And Its Important?
- Ways To Learn Finding Default Content Of Web Server Effectively
- How will Social Engineering be in the Future
- Understand The Background Of Top 9 Challenges IT Leaders Will Face In 2020 Now
- Learning Good Ways To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
- Anti-phishing Tools Guide
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com