The DNS lookup tools retrieve the DNS records for a specific domain or host name. These too s retrieve data like domains and IP addresses, domain Whois records, DNS records, and network Whois record.
Professional Toolset assists IT professionals with troubleshooting, managing, and configuring the domain and email. Professional Toolset includes Domain/WWW tools, IP tools, Networking tools, and Email tools that assist with:
• DNS troubleshooting, management and watching
• Network administration and troubleshooting
• Email troubleshooting and diagnostics
• Spam combat
• Insight into an IP address
Also Read : What is SNMP Enumeration?
DNS interrogation tools wont to extract DNS data include:
• DIG (http://www.kloth.net)
• Domain dossier (https://centralops.net)
• DNSWatch (https://www.dnswatch.info)
• DNS question Utility (http://www.dnsqueries.com)
• MX search (https://mxtoolbox.com)
After gathering the data required from varied} space using various techniques, the hacker typically queries the DNS exploitation pre-existing tools. several freeware tools are accessible on-line to perform DNS interrogation.
Tools, Tricks, and Techniques for information gathering
Whois may be a renowned internet record listing tool to identify who owns a domain or who registers for that exact domain together with their contact details. Internet Corporation for assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) regulates domain registration and possession details. Whois records have proven to be extraordinarily helpful and have developed into a vital resource for maintaining the integrity of the domain name registration and web site ownership method.
• Harvester is additionally an information-gathering tool where it helps you to extract the e-mail address and sub domains of a specific target. Harvester is coded using simple python script that searches data from big search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and far additional.
• Metasploite is another information gathering or foot printing tools used for extracting data or information that is public ally accessible on internet belonging to the corporate.
• Nefertiti may be a potent tool which provides an entire platform to assemble the data concerning the targeted web site you wish to attack. It a free tool that comes inbuilt with backtrack Linux OS. This software package can offer data like IP address, the programming language used for web site developing, the quantity of websites hosted, DNS.
• OS Identification: involves sending illegal tcp (Transmission control Protocol) or ICMP (Internet control Message Protocol) packets to the victim’s system to spot the OS (Operating system) used by the victim on his server or laptop.
• A ping sweep may be a technique of building a spread of IP addresses that map hackers to live hosts. Fping, Nmap, Zenmap, ICMPEnum, Super Scan are some of of} the tools wont to ping a large number of IP addresses at a time; to generate lists of hosts for big sub nets.
Related Product : Certified Ethical Hacker | CEH Certification
We can gather data from other different sources like social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) are the sites wherever general users share their personal information and extra data associated with them. Even search engines play a major role in gathering data.
Hackers also can gather data from numerous money services about a company like the market price of a company’s shares, company profile, competitor details, etc.
Hackers also can collect data from the e-mail header, that includes:
• Address from that message was sent.
• Sender’s email server.
• Sender’s IP address.
• Date and time received by the originator’s email server.
• Authentication system utilized by the sender’s mail server.
• Sender’s full name.
Objective of Foot Printing
1. Collect Network Information: like domain name, Internal domain names, IP addresses of the approachable systems, rogue websites/private websites among the domain, Access control Mechanisms, protocols used, existing VPNs, analog and digital telephone numbers, authentication mechanisms and system enumeration.
2.Collect System Information: like users and cluster names, system banners, routing tables and therefore the routing protocols it’s using, SNMP data, system design, operating system used, remote system type, username and passwords.
3.Collect Organizations’ Information: like employee details, organization’s web site, company directory, native details, address and phone numbers, comments in html source code among an organization’s web site, security policies implemented, web server links relevant to the organization, news articles and press release.
• Classify the kind of knowledge that is required to be unbroken public.
• Don’t put unnecessary data into any profile, social networking account, or any web site.
• Don’t keep personal contact range in any company or organization’s phone book; mainly to stop from war-dialing.
Countermeasures against DNS Interrogation
• Keep internal DNS and external DNS separate.
• Restrict and disable zone transfer to authorized servers
Questions related to this topic
- How do I find a domain name from an IP address?
- What is Server and address in nslookup?
- What utility would you use to find if an IP address has an associated domain name?
- How do I do a DNS lookup?
Learn CEH & Think like hacker
- What is Ethical Hacking? & Types of Hacking
- 5 Phases of Hacking
- 8 Most Common Types of Hacker Motivations
- What are different types of attacks on a system
- Scope and Limitations of Ethical Hacking
- TEN Different Types Of Hackers
- What is the Foot-printing?
- Top 12 steps for Foot printing Penetration Testing
- Different types of tools with Email Foot printing
- What is “Anonymizer” & Types of Anonymizers
- Top DNS Interrogation Tools
- What is SNMP Enumeration?
- Top vulnerability scanning tools
- Information Security of Threat
- Foot printing tools:
- What is Enumeration?
- Network Security Controls
- What is Identity and Access Management?
- OWASP high TEN web application security risks
- Password Attacks
- Defend Against Key loggers
- Defend Against Spyware
- Covering Tracks
- Covering Track on Networks
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 1
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 2
- Learn more about GPS Spyware & Apparatuses
- Introduction of USB Spyware and It’s types
- 10 Types of Identity Theft You Should Know About
- Concepts of Denial-of-Service Attack & Distributed Denial of Service Attack
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Impersonation on Social Networking Site’s Problem
- How Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Works
- DHCP Request/Reply Messages
- DHCP Starvation Attack
- Rogue DHCP Server Attack
- IOS Switch Commands
- Web Server Concept
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Server Attack Tools
- Web Server Security Tools
- 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack
- Learn Skills From Web Server Foot Printing / Banner Grapping
- The 10 Secrets You Will Never Know About Cyber Security And Its Important?
- Ways To Learn Finding Default Content Of Web Server Effectively
- How will Social Engineering be in the Future
- Understand The Background Of Top 9 Challenges IT Leaders Will Face In 2020 Now
- Learning Good Ways To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
- Anti-phishing Tools Guide
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com