Threat Intelligence Capabilities organizations are keeping their focus on developing an efficient CTI strategy. Although many organizations are aware of the benefits. The Capabilities threat intelligence provide, only a few organizations are integrating Capabilities threat intelligence into their cyber security operations. All organizations cannot possess a better Capabilities threat intelligence strategy; it depends on their capabilities and system requirements. The organizations should possess required capabilities and must have enough system requirements to execute and manage the newly developed intelligence strategies.The following components are required to meet the intelligence capabilities:
The IRTs are used for resolving any security breach or attack. As security attacks are increasing and gaining media attention, all the big IT firms are moving toward developing their IRT to overcome the security risks and developing their security strategies. The main motto behind developing an IRT is to prevent security incidents that have occurred and thereby reduce the risk of damaging assets.
The following are some of the reasons to have an IRT in an organization:
– To face incidents w it h an effective response in return
– Letting the members of the organization know about the risk of a security incident
– To improve the security measures and reduce the security risks
Also Read:-Distribute Threat Intelligence Overview
Most of the organizations are failing to overcome the security breaches, and year by year, the attacks are expanding their space.
Flaws in Incident Response Proces
The resources utilized by the members of the security teams are not developed according to the requirement of the organization. They are forced to use limited resources such as low budget, limited members, and less equipment. This scenario is making the security professionals rounder go immense pressure. Developing robust measures to mitigate further data breaches is the primary task for all the organizations. According to some survey results, many organizations are developing their IRTs just after they hear about the data breaches in the news.
Significant of Automated Incident Response
The organizations are maintaining their incident response taking support from the third-party IRTs. They fail to develop their incident response plans and rely on the third parties that provide limited strategies to mitigate the intrusions. Due to the increased number of cyber attack incidents, they fail to meet the requirements of the organizations. Therefore, it has become important for the security teams and the organizations to develop their own I R teams to respond quickly and to improve their R team according to their requirements.
The automated IR plans could help in achieving the following:
– Reducing the risks with a deeper understanding of the technology
– Identifying false positives and reducing them effectively
– Responding quickly ro detecting the breaches within reasonable time phrase
– Reducing the loss of data that occurs due to the security breaches
The security professionals should work on implementing the security controls to mitigate the cyber attacks. To achieve this, the security team needs to develop a strategy for collecting and analyzing the security intelligence from different sources. Moreover, an effective security intelligence architecture should be developed for incident detection and response.
Related Product :- Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst | CTIA
The intelligence architecture should fulfill the following events:
Continuous monitoring: The activities of the organizations’ network space should be monitored-network connections, registry changes, active users, and even advanced activities such as IP packets that are exchanged, ports, and user sessions.
File analysis :The files that reached organization’s mail server and web server should be analyzed for malicious activities.
Capturing and analyzing events: Whenever an action or an event has occurred, an alarming mechanism should be implemented to get instant alerts to capture and analyze the data.
Automated response: The organization could implement the auto-response mechanism for dealing with the internal and external intelligence and develop the process to resolve the security issues.
Indicators of compromise: These are very crucial in identifying the information about the compromised system. So, the· architecture should be developed in such a way to determine these lIOCs.
Indicator of Compromise
An loC is an artifact that is found on a network or operating system of an organization and with high confidence indicates an intrusion attempt. To overcome the threats associated with loCs, some organization like STIX and TAXll have developed standardized reports and shared it with others to leverage the incident response.
Some examples of the loC are included here:
- HTML response sizes
- Large numbers of requests for the same file
- Mismatched port-application traffic
- Suspicious registry or systematize changes
- Unusual DNS requests
- Unexpected patching of systems
- Mobile device profile changes
- Bundles of data in the wrong place
Signs of DDoS activity
These loCs are a good source of information about the cyber threats; organizations can easily detect the cyber attacks and respond in time by monitoring the loCs. By identifying and observing the loCs, organizations can develop additional tools if required and date their security policies to be well prepared for emerging threats.
Questions related to this topic
- What is Threat Intelligence Capabilities?
- What is Incident Response?
- What is Automated Response?
Get More Knowledge by CTIA
- What is Incident Management?
- What Is Threat Assessment?
- What Do Organizations and Analysts Expect?
- Threat Intelligence Capabilities
- Benefits of Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Capabilities to Look for in Threat Intelligence Solution
- Characteristics of Threat Intelligence
- Definition of Intelligence and Its Essential Terminology
- Advanced Persistent Threat Life-cycle
- Top Categories Indicators of Compromise
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Requirements
- Intelligence-Led Security Testing
- Generation of Threat Intelligence
- Adversary activity Identification
- Cyber Threat Actors
- Ideal Target State of Map
- Types of Threat Intelligence
- Threat Intelligence Lifecycle
- What is Threat Intelligence, Information & Data ?
- Frameworks of Threat Intelligence
- Avoid Common Threat Intelligence Pitfalls
- Priority Intelligence needs
- Identify Intelligence needs and requirements
- Sharing Intelligence with a spread of Organizations
- Distribute Threat Intelligence Overview
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com