10 steps to cybersecurity During this blog, we explain and provide advice on the way to start Risk management regime, Secure configuration, Home and mobile working, Incident management, Malware prevention, Managing user privileges, Monitoring, Network security, etc…
Related Product: Certified Ethical Hacker | CEH Certification
10 steps to cyber security is a part Certified Ethical Hacking v10(CEH v10) training you learn the cyber security attacks and their impact.
As technology continues to evolve so also do the opportunities and challenges it provides. We are at a crossroads as we move from a society already entwined with the internet to the coming age of automation, Big Data, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Despite the threat of viruses and malware almost since the dawn of computing, awareness of the security and sanctity of data with computer systems didn’t gain traction until the explosive growth of the internet, whereby the exposure of so many machines on the web provided a veritable playground for hackers to test their skills – bringing down websites, stealing data, or committing fraud. It’s something we now call cybercrime.
Since then, and with internet penetration globally at an estimated 3.4 billion users (approximately 46% of the world’s populations), the opportunities for cybercrime have ballooned exponentially.
Combating this is a multi-disciplinary affair that spans hardware and software through to policy and people – all of it aimed at both preventing cybercrime occurring in the first place, and minimizing its impact when it does. This is the practice of cybersecurity.
Defining and communicating your Board’s Information Risk Management Regime is central to your organisation’s overall cyber security. CESG recommend you review this regime – together with the nine associated security area described below – in order to protect your business against the majority of cyber threats.
Following 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- Network Security Protect your networks against external and internal attack. Manage the network primer. Filter out unauthorized access and malicious contents. Monitor and test security controls.
- Malware Protection Produce relevant policy and establish anti-malware defences that are applicable and relevant to all business areas. Scan for malware across the organisation.
- Monitoring Establish a monitoring strategy and produce supporting policies. Continuously monitor all ICT system and networks. Analyse logs for unusual activity that could indicate an attack.
- Incident Management Establish an incident response and disaster recovery capability. Produce and test incident management plans. Provide specialist training to the incident management team. Report criminal incidents to law enforcement
- User Education and Awareness Produce user policies covering acceptable and secure use of the organisation’s systems. Establish a staff training programmer. Maintain user awareness of the cyber risks.
- Home and Mobile Working Develop a mobile working policy and train staff to adhere to it. Apply the secure baseline to all devices. Protect data both in transit and at rest 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- Secure Configuration Apply security patches and ensure that the secure configuration of all ICT systems is maintained. Create a system inventory & define a baseline build for all ICT devices.
- Removable Media Controls Produce a policy to control all access to removable media. Limit media types and use. Scan all media for malware before imported on the corporate system.
- Managing User Privileges Establish account management processes and limit the number of privileged accounts. Limit user privileges and monitor user activity. Control access to activity and audit logs.
- Information Risk Management Regime Establish and effective governance structure and determine your risk appetite. Maintain boards engagement with cyber risk. Produce supporting information risk management policies.
Questions related to this topic
- How do I monitor network security?
- What is cybersecurity monitoring?
- Which security property does tampering violate?
- What is risk mitigation in cybersecurity?
Cyber Security Related Things
- Top Cyber security Certifications of 2020 India
- Concept of Security, Cyber Space & Cyber Crime
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- Climbing the Cyber Security Certification Ladder
- Top 5 Key Elements of an Information Security
- Essential Terminology in Cyber security
- Top categories which includes in Information Warfare
- What is Defense in Depth? & How Defense in depth Works
- Information Security Incidents
- What is Information Security & types of Security policies
- Overview of Cyber security Frameworks
- 9 Tips for Top Data Backup Strategy
- What is Cyber Kill Chain? and it’s 7 Phases
- A Need for Tactics, Techniques & Procedures
- An Overview of knowledge Acquisition
- Business Needs and Requirements
- What is Pyramid of Pain ? & It’s types
- Top IT Management Certifications of 2020 to Impress Recruiters
- Best Cyber security career 2020 road map for IT Professionals
- 15 Benefits Of Security Certifications to Upgrade Career Path 2020
- 6 Things You Should know About Social Engineering
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com